In my opinion, olives don’t get much better than these.
Known as Nocellara del Belice in Italy, these beautiful table olives are grown about a three (3) hour drive from my parents’ town.
- In the United States, they are called Castelvetrano olives, named after the town in the Valle del Belice.
- These olives are firm and mild.
- These olives are a beautiful light shade of green.
- They are tender and crisp, almost like a fruit.
- They are creamy and buttery and actually taste like a high-end olive oil
- Marinate them in extra virgin olive oil, Sicilian sea salt, and Wild Oregano